As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team and Damco Distribution, now part of the Maersk global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution division, offer third party logistics services to over 500 customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large transportation segment capturing a variety of services, we have key supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas, and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with multiple locations in the Midwest. Delivering significant sales and profitability growth, we will drive the Inland Logistics and Services business for the combined US business units for Maersk.
We’re looking for a talented professional to join our team as Sr. Finance Manager; FP&A – Transportation. This role will put you in a challenging and engaging workplace, providing excellent learning opportunities close to the business as you will work with the North America (NAM) leadership team and Product managers to proactively improve performance and create alignment between the overall strategy and direction set by Global HQ and frontline execution, offering you the opportunity for a vast and exciting career for many years to come.
You will be part of a diverse and motivated FP&A team with a strong desire to push forward the transformation of our business, generate value for our customers and deliver sustainable returns to our shareholders.
As Sr. Finance Manager; FP&A – Transportation, you will support the decision-making process by providing financial information, deep-dive analysis, performance management and financial planning. This is an exciting opportunity to partner with key stakeholders to start up a new product line in NAM Warehousing & Distribution. You will develop financial processes that will set the operation up for success and then manage the business as it grows to ensure it is profitable.
As a finance professional, you will enjoy being close to the execution of the Integrator Strategy, influencing the outcomes in a direct, sustainable manner. This role will give you the opportunity to contribute to the transformation of how the NAM Warehousing & Distribution finance team engages with the business to execute this strategy. As we have just started on a significant transformation journey you will be a key part of shaping how we launch new investments to better serve our customers and deliver on the Integrator Strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the ongoing forecasting and annual budgeting process for the full P&L of the profit centers under your scope.
- Analyze actual results and provide variance analysis for leadership teams as well as recommending action plans.
- Drive the monthly close process in collaboration with accounting to ensure the accuracy of financial results.
- Lead periodic business reviews with operations and product management teams.
- Own scoping, stakeholder engagement, and approval of new investment proposals in North America for our Transportation portfolio.
- Collaborating with corporate, regional, and local functions such as operations, IT, safety, FP&A and the investment committee to drive the investment process.
- Preparing documentation, investment write-up and financial modeling of investment proposals.
- Analyzing the strategy, operational effectiveness, commercial viability, risks and opportunities of investments.
- Provide support for ongoing customer pricing opportunities.
- Understanding and clearly articulating the present and future state of the Business to enable data-based decision making.
- Being accountable for timely, high quality and fit-for-purpose financial reporting and analysis to key stakeholders.
- Possible analyst direct report.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis as required.
We are looking for:
- BA or BS (MBA a plus) with at least 5-10 years in a similar FP&A role with business partnering experience.
- The ideal candidate for the role will have a strong background in high-impact finance roles, with a proven track record of driving business results through financial insights.
- You have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in working with the business to drive performance and generate value.
- We expect you to have an 'analytic mindset' - being able to zoom in on the relevant details, while never losing sight of the big picture.
- You are a relationship-oriented team player with strong communication skills, enabling you to engage and influence multiple stakeholders.
- Logistics Industry experience a huge plus.
- Have deep understanding of financial modeling techniques and metrics, such as ROI calculations, internal rate of return, NPV and payback periods.
- Strong Excel skills and extensive experience in using business intelligence platforms.
- Experience with Netsuite and Anaplan a plus.
- You have excellent analytical skills.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements. If you are interested in applying for employment with Performance Team- A Maersk Company in the U.S. and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if you need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job, please contact the Human Resources Department by calling 844-447-7878 or emailing [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.