*Sr. Scientist or Scientist- Viral Vector Downstream Process Development *
*Costa Mesa, CA *
*Direct-Hire, Full-Benefits *
*Pay: DOE *
*Job Summary: *
The *Sr. Scientist or Scientific- Downstream Process Development *uses scientific and engineering concepts to solve complex purification processes related to viral vector production. The scientist will develop and optimize chromatography-based purification approaches and generate viral vector bulk drug substance as well as drug product. Scientists are also involved in new process scale-up, process optimization, technology transfer and process validation activities. The scientist will lead client and internal programs. This is a full-time, direct-hire role located in *Costa Mesa, CA *with a schedule of *Mon-Fri 9 AM - 5 PM*.
*Essential Duties: *
* Design and execute suitable experiments and analyze results to draw meaningful conclusions.
* Be the lead on client and internal programs
* Troubleshoot Downstream process issues and identify solutions.
* Operate and troubleshoot essential process equipment and determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
* Work on complex problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
* Document data and findings for traceability and regulatory requirements and update management on project status and progress.
* Write technical protocols and reports, and implement PD and manufacturing SOPs, BPRs.
* Identify and work to prevent process failures.
* Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures, and reporting all unsafe activities to your supervisor and/or Human Resources, participating in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals, perform other duties as assigned by the Company, and participating in regulatory and client audits.
* Provide guidance and support to junior staff.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Virology or equivalent scientific filed plus 7 years of relevant and hands-on experience viral vector, protein or large molecule production/purification. Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Virology or equivalent scientific filed plus 5 years of relevant and hands-on experience viral vector, protein or large molecule production/purification.
*You should know:* Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits](https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/)?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. [Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.](https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)