Job Title : RF Design Engineer
Location : Van Nuys, CA 91406
Duration : 12 months with Contract to hire
What is a typical work day?
- This is a semi/managerial position that needs to be filled with someone that wants to convert to FTE.
- They will help to lead a group of 20 people and they will be responsible for day to day assignments and assigning group work to the other members.
- Contribute in designs of radar systems and own and lead those designs.
Seeking an experienced RF design engineer to support multiple programs in its Space and Airborne Systems segment. The engineer will be responsible for design, development, and testing of RF Systems, Subsystems, and components.
- Utilizing common commercial RF design and analysis tools to design and analyze RF circuits and systems (i.e. Keysight ADS, SystemVue, Genesys, etc.)
- Schematic capture, circuit layout, small signal and large simulations
- Analyzing electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Designing, analyzing, testing, and evaluating typical circuits such as low noise amplifiers (LNA), power amplifiers (PA), mixers, oscillators, attenuators, switches, and filters
- Presenting design reviews to peer engineers and program management
- Ownership of the day-to-day tactical execution duties for assigned programs
- Assigning tasks and driving action items to closure
- Identifying project challenges, recommending solutions, and removing roadblocks to program execution
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar field and 6 years of related experience
- OR a M.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar field and 4 years of related experience
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Thorough technical understanding of passive and active RF design
- Experience designing RF systems, subsystems, and components
- Self-motivated with a high sense of urgency
- Experience working in a government or department of defense contracting environment
- Ability to present to internal and external customer at all levels
- Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.