At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Finance Summer Associate
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits.
At EY Consulting, we are building a better working world by transforming businesses through the power of people, technology and innovation. Our clients are at the heart of what we do. We’re focused on solving the key issues of our client buyers, building deeper relationships and making a greater impact with long-term value.
You’ll help our clients with transformation and innovation: driving growth, reducing costs, or proactively managing risks. With support from a highly talented and committed team, you’ll design strategies and build solutions in a variety of specialty areas. If you’re looking to build you career in a fast-moving, high-growth service area with huge potential, this role is for you.
Based on your existing experience, knowledge and ambitions, you could find yourself working alongside any one of our competencies, assisting clients to drive business-led and technology-enabled transformations across a broad range of business issues. You will work with your clients and project teams to identify the root cause of problems, co-develop solutions, and engage with key stakeholders to monitor progress, manage risk, and ensure continued alignment on expected outcomes.
As part of the Finance team you’ll be a work stream leader, taking control of sub-sets of complex projects and leading junior staff within your team. You’ll be seen as the leading expert on your engagement, in the piece of the project you own, so you’ll need to understand the intricacies of each project and desired objectives, and eventually credibility to show equity of work and progress. This is an exciting opportunity where you’ll have unique projects with great people to solve problems you haven’t seen before. You’ll be building relationships with the CFOs of tomorrow, so if you’re passionate about driving outcomes, can translate complex information in a way that will resonate with your client, and can jump right into cutting-edge projects, this role is for you.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing a MBA and approximately 3-7 years of prior work experience
- A collaborative approach to work, and the motivation to develop your skills by taking ownership of new challenges
- Have an ability to identify and communicate efficiently the different components of an analysis or conceptual structure of a problem or situation.
- Possess advanced analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to conceptualize components of a business issue to aid in the analysis and definition of solutions.
- Ideal candidates will have exposure to one of more of the following:
- Experience in public accounting, corporate finance, or as a business analyst
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or other approaches to process improvement, financial modeling or data analytics, or other approaches to using data to help clients make better business decisions
- Interest in robotics and digital tools, and how the latest technology impacts the business world
- Intellectual curiosity, and an interest in problem solving and working in an ever-changing environment
- Desire to have a positive impact on companies that operate globally, as well as here in the U.S.
- Significant work experience within industry or consulting
- Ability to use Microsoft Suite programs
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 40-60% to client sites
- A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
EY complies with all local laws and regulations. Applicants for jobs in our offices in Colorado, Connecticut and Nevada can find more information here.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.