Vice President, Finance & Accounting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, implements, and monitors systems for finance & general accounting.
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; establishes, develops, and/or recommends economic objectives and policies to management.
- Prepares and analyzes financial and operational reports; prepares reports required by regulatory agencies, banks, investors, and other external parties.
- Coordinates preparation of corporate budgets and forecasts.
- Manages monthly accounting close cycle; prepares month-end financial statement.
- Reviews and analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Analyzes, reviews, and audits overall general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable systems.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information for billing and accounting departments.
- Creates and implements annual department strategic plan.
- Coordinates year-end audits.
- Maintains and manages department budget.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and motivates accounting staff.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Ensuring accuracy of bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist billing department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent.
- Five to seven years' related experience or equivalent.
- Proficient on Excel and accounting/billing systems (Advanced MD, QuickBooks).
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decision.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
For careful consideration, please contact:
Derrick Coleman, Managing Director
Creative Financial Staffing
E-mail: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]