The VP of Government Affairs will have a track record of relationship building, upsell and pipeline development with states and local governments for healthcare technology business shaping and preparing opportunities for successful capture and proposal with state and federal governments. You will have an understanding of customer requirements, government and have a deep industry network. You will be able to think strategically and critically, build strong relationships of trust, and fully and properly represent Company in very senior external interactions. As a Vice President serving within Company 's government affairs team, you will be a critical part of a fast-growing business segment and deeply entrenched across multiple teams, including product, sales, marketing, engineering, success and clinical solutions.
The Vice President of Government Affairs primary role is to establishing relationships with HIE directors, Medicaid directors and health department leads, CMS/ONC contacts to build connections that support our efforts in market. You will also be leading a small high performing team of Government Affairs professionals to help achieve these goals. The VP of Government Affairs will develop and nurture relationships across the United States and provide a key role in the development, coordination and implementation of strategies to support expansion of state government markets. Ongoing upsell is a primary objective for this position. Primary responsibilities will include the development, coordination and implementation of strategies to support expansion with state departments of health and human services, state Medicaid agencies, state public health departments, and state health information exchanges. Secondary responsibilities will be to perform capture activities on selected opportunities, as well as other internally identified activities. These opportunities may include responses to task orders, subcontracting opportunities or other rapid turn efforts. Duties may consist of driving opportunity from capture decision to contract award, managing bid strategies and overseeing the development of the technical, management and cost strategies and associated proposal volumes in conjunction with the clinical solutions and solutions engineering teams. The VP of Government Affairs serves as a valued member of the Government Affairs team for relationship management, opportunity identification, qualification, competitive positioning, and strategy development. You will work in a collaborative environment in meeting annual plans, revenue/profit generation, strategy development, and reporting. The VP of Government Affairs will also work closely with the field sales team, clinical solutions, customer success, product and marketing teams. Strong, genuine relationship building, internal and external, is a must. Daily activities will include customer relationship building, developing and executing contract plans, identifying and developing new business opportunities within assigned mature markets, working as part of a team with program management and business leadership to sell and develop solutions to highly complex customer problems, influencing pursuit and overall account strategies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- You will have deep experience in Healthcare and Healthcare IT. Experience with CMS/ONC is preferred but not required
- Subject matter expertise relevant to public health, medicaid and other state healthcare interests.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal and state government contract vehicles and other related Government contracting requirements.
- Senior level experience working with customer organizations; a combination of government experience and commercial business development experience is preferred.
- The candidate will have established federal agencies and state government customer relationships and be known among industry partners.
- Knowledge of government contracting, acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Experience in Pipeline development and qualification of opportunities
- Experience developing business cases, plans and strategies, to include teaming, solutioning, pricing, and past performance. Proficient at developing and presenting gate/milestone reviews at all levels of management, to include the corporate level.
- Proven and current knowledge of customer environment and acquisition processes.
- Current relationships and experience within the assigned customer set preferred.
- Experience in developing and executing call plans.
- Experience developing opportunities from early concept / trend identification through qualification.
- Ability to engage, motivate and collaborate within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience leading a high performing team
- Team-building and influencing outcomes by the ability to motivate performance and establish coalitions across a matrixed organized.
- A demonstration of progressive expansion of responsibilities for respective markets and/or budgets.
- Credibility with external constituents, specifically with broad customer sets; the candidate should have a developed network of relevant contacts in these communities.
- A high level of oral and written communication skills